Made from durable ceramic, the cocotte features a hard-wearing, impermeable finish fired at temperatures as high as 2192-degree f. With a porosity level of less than 1 percent, the dish blocks moisture absorption, so there’s no chipping, cracking, crazing, or rippling along the interior to worry about. Its non-porous construction also resists odors, scratching, and staining for hygienic use and optimal cooking performance. Even more, its high-quality enamel protects against metal marks and other damage, which means it’s safe for cutting on with knives. Best of all, the colorful glaze on the exterior makes the dish fun to mix and match with other coordinating le creuset pieces (sold separately), while a neutral-colored glaze on the inside offers a pleasing contrast and an optimal palette for food presentation. And thanks to its unmatched thermal resistance from -65-degree f to 500-degree f, the dish moves gracefully from the microwave or oven (or under the broiler) to the table for serving to the refrigerator or freezer for storing leftovers. The dish includes a secure-fitting lid-complete with concentric rings, raised le creuset lettering, and a round-shaped knob, and its loop side handles facilitate steady transport. When finished, the cocotte cleans up easily by hand or in the dishwasher.
- Beautiful and durable Le Creuset Mini Round Cocotte Casserole 8 Ounce
- This cocotte features a hard-wearing, impermeable finish
- Ceramic retains heat after removing from oven to help keep your food warm
- Enameled cast iron interior keeps your food at an even temperature, with no hot spots
- Made with non-porous material resists stains, cracks and chips and does not absorb odors and flavors