It’s amazing how so many people love chocolate cakes. One of my favorite is the “Red Lobster Chocolate Lava Cakes”. It’s sooooo delicious! If you are like me, I urge you to try this recipe when you have time. You’ll fall in love with it. Trust me… 🙂
So here it is:
Red Lobster Chocolate Lava Cakes
Number of servings: 6 persons
* Nonstick cooking spray
* 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
* 10 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup flour
* 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 3 large eggs, at room temperature
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries thawed, puréed in blender
* Fresh raspberries, optional
* 1/2 cup heavy cream, softly beaten
* Fresh mint sprigs, optional
* Confectioners’ sugar for dusting, optional
- Spray inside 6 individual custard cups or soufflé dishes with nonstick cooking spray; then set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, stiring until smooth. Add butter and sugar; stir until melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture into large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- With electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat chocolate mixture; add eggs and flour mixture; beat about 6 minutes until thickened.
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes; cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove and discard plastic from frozen cakes.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until edges are set and center is moist.
- Cool cakes slightly before inverting onto serving platters.