Hope you enjoy this spur of the moment German Chocolate Cake recipe. Easy to bake and sensational to eat.
· 4 Oz. Of German sweet chocolate
· 1/2 Cup of boiling water
· 1 Cup of butter
· 2 Cups of sugar
· 4 Pieces of egg yolk
· 1 Teaspoon of vanilla
· 2 1/2 Cup of flour
· 1 Teaspoon of salt
· 1 Cup buttermilk
· 4 Egg whites, mixed well
Step by Step Instructions
- Bring water to boil. Add the chocolate and let it melt.
- Mix the butter and sugar until they become fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg yolks, beat the mixture after each addition. Blend in the chocolate and vanilla.
- Sift the flour with salt and soda then add the dry mixture. Pour in the mixture and buttermilk alternately. Mix it thoroughly. Add the beaten egg whites.
- Ready 3 cake pans. Gently pour the mixture to each pans. Average time of baking : 35 — 40 Minutes, 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- When the cake is done, don’t serve it yet. You still need to add the icing. The icing or frosting will serve as the covering for the cake.
Here’s the instructions for how you can create a home-made frosting:
· 3 Pieces of egg yolks
· 1 Cup of evaporated milk
· 1 Cup of sugar
· 1 Tablespoon of butter
· 1 1/2 Cup of flaked coconut
· 1 Cup of chopped pecans
- Beat the eggs along with milk, sugar and butter.
- Cook over a medium heat fire for about 12 minutes. Stir the mixture while cooking or until it thickens.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add the coconut, vanilla and pecans.
- Beat again until you reach your desired consistency
After baking the German Sweet Chocolate Cake and preparing the frosting, you now use the frosting to cover the cake.
Firstly frost the cake with thin layers of frosting – make sure that the sides are smooth and the top even.
Finish by styling the cake with decorating flowers and ornaments