Don’t think that a gluten-free life has to also mean a ‘bread maker free’ life. You can have your bread and eat it too with a great gluten free bread recipe and your bread maker.
If you or someone close to you avoids gluten, you know how difficult it can be doing grocery shopping and eat out. Most large companies are getting better at accommodating a wide variety of dietary needs but it can still be hard to get the food basics that you really want when you need to avoid pasta, cupcakes, canned soup, salad dressings and bread.
If you avoid gluten, you might think that owning a bread maker would be silly but actually the opposite is quite true. A bread maker enables you to make your own gluten-free bread and it’s much easier than you think.
Check out this tried and true recipe from All Recipes. It’s for delicious gluten-free bread that you can use for sandwiches, homemade stuffing, French toast and more.
Gluten-free white bread recipe for bread machines
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ cup soy flour
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine. Place them in the order recommended by your particular bread machine manufacturer. Select the sweet dough cycle. Five minutes into the cycle, check the consistency of the dough. If necessary, add additional rice flour or liquid. When the machine has finished working its magic, let the bread cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
This bread is easy to make and tasty. If you’re having trouble finding some of the ingredients, you can order them online or check out your local health food store.
If you are just realizing how easy it is to make your own gluten-free bread and want to purchase your first bread maker, here are some of the best models to consider.
The SKG Automatic 2-LB Bread Maker will quickly become one of your favorite kitchen appliances.
This bread maker is incredibly intelligent.
- It features a 15-hour delay timer so you can mix up your ingredients in the morning and time your bread to be ready just as you’re about to put dinner on the table.
- It also has an automatic one-hour keep warm feature.
- The design features brushed stainless steel accents, along with an ergonomic top loading lid with a viewing window so that you can see your art in progress. You’ll receive a recipe book and depending on the supplier, a two-year warranty.
Want to add some fun and unique ingredients to your homemade bread? Consider the Kuissential 2-Pound Programmable Bread Machine with Auto Fruit and Nut Dispenser.
- This state-of-the art machine will make 1.5 and 2 pound loafs with light, medium or dark crusts.
- It also has an auto-dispenser for fruits and nuts making it the perfect bread maker for fruit bread. Just think of all the delicious and healthy combinations that you can whip up.
- Keep warm function
Looking for a cheap bread maker? There are some good, basic, low cost options available.
The Oster 2-Pound Epressbake Bread Maker is an unbelievable value for its price range. It has 13 different bread settings and a large LCD display that makes it easy to see which options you are choosing.
- Easy setting for gluten free bread baking so it’s easy to home bake and avoid expensive already baked options.
- With this model, you can have fresh, gluten free bread in under an hour.
- 13 settings and 13 hour programmable baking timer so you can wake up to freshly baked bread on a Sunday morning.
Whether it’s a personal preference or allergy-related, homemade gluten-free bread is the perfect alternative to expensive store-bought brands.