Are you wondering how to satisfy that sweet tooth and still not put on weight? Read on for some of the tastiest and still low fat dessert recipes. Enjoy these quilt free recipes.
For these delicious recipes you’ll need loaf pan, layer cake pans that you can find on this link.
Low Fat Apple and Carrot Cake
- whole wheat flour: 2 cups
- margarine: ½ cup
- cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- chopped walnuts:1 cup
- peeled, cored and grated dessert apples: 2 cups
- raisins: 2/3 cups
- grated carrots: 1 cup
- grated orange peel:1
- eggs 2
- orange juice:4 tablespoon
- Take a loaf pan with a capacity of 4 cups.
- Set the oven to preheat at 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, add the margarine, cinnamon, walnuts, raisins, carrots and apples and stir.
- Add the eggs, orange peel and juice and beat thoroughly.
- Put the mixture into the already greased loaf pan and smooth out the top. Bake for around 1 ¼ hours until the cake has risen well and is firm to touch.
- This will give you about 16 slices.
Low Fat Blueberry Oatmeal Cake
- blueberries: 1 cup
- sugar: ¼ cup
- egg white or substitute: 2
- corn syrup:1/3 cup
- flour: ¾ cup
- baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- cornstarch: 2 tablespoon
- uncooked oatmeal:1/3 cup
- nutmeg : ¼ teaspoon
- grated lemon rind: ½ teaspoon
- non fat mayonnaise: ½ cup
- cardamom: 1/8 teaspoon
- Mix the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl.
- Line a 9 inch layer cake pan with wax paper. Spoon the blueberries and sugar into the prepared pan.
- Mix the remaining sugar and corn syrup in a large bowl.
- Add the egg white and beat until fluffy and light.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and the lemon rind.
- Stir into the egg mixture while alternating with the mayonnaise.
- Carefully spoon the berries into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degree F in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- This preparation yields 8 servings.
Low Fat Carrot Cake
- granulated fructose: 2 tablespoon
- liquid shortening: 1 cup
- eggs: 4
- flour: 2 cup
- baking powder:1 teaspoon
- baking soda:1 teaspoon
- ground cinnamon: 2 teaspoon
- water: ½ cup
- ground nutmeg: 1 teaspoon
- salt: ½ teaspoon
- grated carrots: 3 cup
- chopped pecans: ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees.
- Take a mixing bowl and cream together the eggs, the shortening and the fructose until they are lemon colored.
- Apart from the pecans and the carrots, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Beat well and then stir in the pecans and the carrots.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan and bake for around 30 to 40 minutes. This preparation will give you 16 servings.